[Hotel Review] Staycation at Raffles Hotel Jakarta (1)

7:54:00 AM

Every year in Indonesia, there will be a short moment when Jakarta will be almost like a ghost town. It happens when Indonesians and all Muslim friends celebrate Idul Fitri. By that moment, many Jakartans flee choose to stay at hotels around the city since the hotels offer great discounts.

We, even though not Jakartans, are also interested have a staycation in Jakarta. I chose Raffles Hotel Jakarta, a new sparkling hotel which have been my targeted destination since its opening in 2015.

For this occasion, Raffles Hotel Jakarta offered a great rate of IDR 6,999,000 for a 3 night - which caught my attention. I started to communicate with their Reservation Agent, which ends up, me, knowing how amazing their service are. They even have their own phrase to explain how I feel - emotional luxury.

I love to make sure every detail go well and as expected, but Raffles Jakarta impressed me by going far beyond my expectations. We arrived at the property around 2 pm and was welcomed warmly. Arriving at the entrance, we could see the usual business hotel.
Raffles Hotel Jakarta entrance.
But when you get inside, you will be amazed by how artistic and majestic the interior of the hotel lobby is - with a mural of Hendra Gunawan artwork as the focal point.
I was always amazed when I walked through this monumental corridor.
As stated above, I did communicate with the reservation agent. I mentioned that I would like to use this opportunity to capture Jakarta skyline from the room. They offered us the highest room which costed extra - which I declined. While checking in and talking about my photography hobby, the friendliest staff ever (Febri) declared that our room would be upgraded, without any extra cost! A delightful start of our stay indeed. After checking in, we arrived in our Signature Room (25th floor). I am amazed by how the room is designed to feel like a suite - separated living and bedroom - by a moving partition. Overall, the room is indeed one of the best, nay, the BEST hotel room I have ever stayed, with Jakarta skyline peeking from the windows - such a pleasure!

The breathtaking skyline of Jakarta they promised.
The spacious living room.
Bedroom that makes you feels bad to leave every single morning.
Hendra Gunawan mural as the background of the bathtub wall. Exquisite bathroom!
At 60 sqm, the room is one of the most spacious non-suite rooms available in Jakarta. All of the rooms are equipped with the technologically advanced TOTO toilet - your hands don't need to do the dirty job - with rain shower cubicle which I adore much! Everything in the bathroom is super-posh, using high-end brands like Hansgrohe and Kohler. Even the bathrobes are screaming glamour, which is designed by Oscar Lawalata.
I am a bathroom-person, I judge a hotel room by its bathroom! This one, easily earns flying colours.
Beside the extra plush hotel room, this property has a surprise waiting - a resort size park with artistic sculptures, with huge swimming pool ready to plunge into!
Depiction of Hendra Gunawan arts in the form of stylish sculpture.
Colourful parks amidst Jakarta's concrete jungle.
Refreshing pool, breezing sound of leaves moving, comfortable pool lounge, I'm sold!
With the promotional rate (you should really wait for next year's Idul Fitri!), daily breakfast is also included. The breakfast takes place in the Arts Café on the first floor - which also connects the hotel to Lotte Shopping Avenue, a medium sized shopping mall which is quite nice to visit. The hotel itself also connects to the Ciputra Artpreneur Center - a venue for those art geeks - which sadly I haven't have the opportunity to visit yet.
Such an artistic ARTS Café!
Lotte Shopping Avenue.
Property-wise, Raffles Jakarta acts as a great deal of a destination even just for being a hotel. Likewise, a quote always used by Raffles property, "When at Raffles, why not visit Jakarta?" A true phrase depicting how this hotel could be the main destination, while Jakarta - a bustling city with many surprises - could wait. Its true, and you will know why by my next posts. Stay tune!

Raffles Hotel Jakarta
Ciputra World 1, Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio Kav. 3-5, Jakarta, 12940

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You guys will love it for sure. They also have an art gallery which is quite interesting to be visited. Thanks for the hotel recommendation anyway!

    ReplyDelete