[Bali] Bo & Bun: Worth to Try

6:59:00 PM

Bo & Bun Seminyak

Recently, I went to Bali for a short business trip, and gosh, it truly was a refreshing trip! As most of our activity was centred in Seminyak area, I tried to spare one short afternoon to visit an eatery around the area. Seminyak is the hip part of Bali where all the partygoers stay and have fun. The traffic could get nasty if you tried to visit the area by cars, so just walk or rent a motorbike for a better experience of the area. Seemed kind of random though, I chose to eat in Bo & Bun among the greatly diverse choices of cafes and restaurants in Seminyak.

Bo & Bun Seminyak

Bo & Bun is a fusion eatery that focuses on Vietnamese dish. (Well, I recently tried some Vietnamese food in Jakarta and fall in love that I will come back and do a proper documentation of my visit next time!) The place is not striking at all from the sidewalk, the only thing that differs itself from other restaurants is the black-coloured signage. But when I entered Bo & Bun, I was happily surprised. I actually expected to see dark interiors with dim lighting, but it turned out that there was a row of skylight on the left side that illuminated the interior nicely.

Bo & Bun Seminyak
Bo & Bun Seminyak
Bo & Bun Seminyak

Bo & Bun, as it is a part of the contemporary side of Seminyak, is designed with industrial style of interior. Concrete walls, metal chair, rustic wooden table tops and beautiful downlights decorated the eatery. There are several spots of French-influenced decor that brings the Vietnam vibe to the cafe. I especially love the number of different lamps around the intimately sized restaurant that enhance the whole eatery's eclectic interior.

Bo & Bun Seminyak
Bo & Bun Seminyak

On that hot and sunny day, I tried to chill down and ordered myself a Frozen Vietnamese Coffee. Tasted OK as it was like the typical blended coffee you would find in a coffee shop. But it really did serve its purpose to chill me down.

Bo & Bun Seminyak - Frozen Vietnamese Coffee
Frozen Vietnamese Coffee (45K)
I ordered a Vietnamese speciality, rice paper roll filled with fresh vegetables and shrimp for the starter. The rice paper roll came with a peanut dipping sauce, which is quite good. If you look at the picture, the rolls look small, but in reality, each slice of it needs a two mouthful to finish! I really like how Vietnamese people use coriander in most of their foods, though some people didn't like how it smells. The rice paper rolls include quite a lot of coriander and it is very enjoyable for the starter!

Bo & Bun Seminyak - Fresh Vietnam Rice Paper Rolls
Fresh Vietnam Rice Paper Rolls (40K)
Bo & Bun Seminyak - Fresh Vietnam Rice Paper Rolls
Bo & Bun Seminyak - Fresh Vietnam Rice Paper Rolls

For the main dish, I was directly attracted with the writing on the menu that said "Fall off the bone ... pork ribs". So without no hesitation, I ordered the Pattaya Pork Ribs. Strange enough that they use Thai naming on their menu. After the dish came out, and of course, after some picture-taking, I directly checked whether it was "fall off the bone" ribs. Luckily it was, and I ate happily ever after. Taste-wise, I could say that I enjoyed the dish very much, even though I had tried better pork ribs. But what they offer was decent that it was worth the try.

Bo & Bun Seminyak - Pattaya Pork Ribs
Pattaya Pork Ribs (155K)
Bo & Bun Seminyak - Pattaya Pork Ribs
Bo & Bun Seminyak - Pattaya Pork Ribs

When I was reading to leave after the scrumptious lunch, I asked for the bill and it came with a beautiful Vietnamese flower mirror box. A very simple touch that became a memorable aspect of Bo & Bun.

Bo & Bun Seminyak

After a post-eating research, it turns out that Bo & Bun has a branch in Jakarta. Well, it is located far from me, which is in North Jakarta, so it is as well a good chance to be able to eat here while in Bali. Taste-wise, Bo & Bun served decent quality Asian foods. What brings about my great experience eating here surely are both the interior design and the quality foods as well as the memorable mirror box at the end of my meal. Bo & Bun is surely a recommended place to go if you are craving for foods other than the heavenly Bali cuisines.

Bo & Bun Seminyak

BO & BUN
Jl. Raya Basangkasa No. 26, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia
+62 859 3549 3484

You Might Also Like

0 comments